Monday, November 15, 2010

Day One

The Montessori training started today and I am lucky to have some wonderful women in the program. 
All came eager to learn and were already asking questions.  This is good and makes for a great class.  I've heard we're to have more join us tomorrow.

I did quite well at adapting to the African way of doing things - like not knowing how many students in the program until I actually started talking, not preparing the room until 10 minutes before, having no paperwork to hand out (no copier at the school), little faces peeking through the door throughout the day - a good lesson in not freaking out!  But I suppose this is why I love being in Africa.  The lifestyle is slower and more suitable to me.  The more I visit, the more I need to return.  Africa tends to do that to people ...

No comments:

Post a Comment