Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Waiting

One of my favorite things about traveling is being at the airport, waiting to board the first of what is usually, many flights.  Things never work out as planned so I quit planning long ago.  No expectations.  The best way to travel.
So I'm sitting in KCI, waiting for the first flight on my way to South Africa to offer Montessori teacher training to women in Port Elizabeth.  I've never been to South Africa and I really have no idea what to expect.  Unlike my other travels that have taken me to destinations in East Africa,  this time I'll actually be staying in a city.  Still, a city on the other side of the world  - so I'm sure with the commonalities of city life, there will also be many differences.  I get excited thinking about what adventure lies ahead.  Travel is never without some kind of adventure and not always the adventure you're looking for.  I know I'll be stressed at some point.  I'll be anxious, afraid, happy, humbled, etc.  I also know I will get through any trying time, I just have to remain calm and focused.  Sometimes I wonder if the trying times end up being the best times.  The times where I actually learn how much I can handle and how I can overcome just about anything.  They definitely make for the best stories!
Sitting in the airport, waiting.  One of the crowd.  I like this-

2 comments:

  1. It is all about travelling that makes different cultures, different people aware of each other, and now its all in your hands, to observe, explore, and experience
    I wish you all the best, just be careful, and I’m sure, you will get the best of this experience. BLESS YOU
    Marie Therese

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be praying and following u on your journey

    ReplyDelete