Friday, November 12, 2010

The Windy City

Port Elizabeth is called the windy city and today was a great example.  The wind is blowing so hard, it keeps messing with the Internet connection.  Beautiful weather though, really!
I was able to get a tour/history lesson this morning and it just piqued my interest more.  This is an amazing country with an incredible cultural make-up.  More so than I ever realized.  The cultures are very distinct and separate but at the same time, completely emeshed.  As a people watcher, I'm loving it!
In true Andrea fashion, I left the US thinking I had everything and what I didn't have, I would just buy.  Not so easy to do.  The computers I brought need a converter and a SA plug the latter of which I thought I had but now realize I don't.  (Mine works in East Africa but not here)  So borrowing a computer for the moment.
Bonnie and Gary have been great hosts (Though this is only day one - we'll see what they think of me after 3 weeks!)

No comments:

Post a Comment